I haven't updated my blog in months...guilty as charged! No time like the present to update my blog, and share my new project.
I am starting a Camera of the Month Club, and I would love to get fellow photographers excited about this idea. Photography can be a particularly solitary endeavor, and a supportive camera club will provide photographers of all levels with much-needed encouragement, ideas, guidance, and constructive criticism (as well as some happy hours and new friends!)
Much like a book club, the group will convene at the end of every month to discuss using a particular camera, and showcase their best 6-8 photos to the group.
- Every month, members will shoot with one camera (film/digital on rotation; brand/type of camera TBD each month)
- Monthly meetings: last Tuesday of every month, meeting location will change accordingly
- Friendly group critique: bring 6-8 best photos to share with group and provide/receive feedback
- Best photos to go on group Tumblr
- Work towards group photography show (s)
- Membership: free
First meeting: Tuesday September 30th, 6:30PM-7:30PM
Meeting location: Loreley Bar, 7 Rivington St, New York, NY 10002
Camera for October: your choice of Polaroid Camera (vintage/refurbished) or modern day Fujifilm Instax camera (s)
Please circulate this new club to your friends or colleagues who would be a good fit. I'm hoping to keep this to a small-medium sized group. Please have them contact me through this website.
Thank you, and happy shooting!
(Camera loans/donations/borrowing will be discussed and explained on one-on-one or monthly meeting basis.)