In just one week, I'll be hosting the first meeting of the Camera of the Month Club. I am excited (and a bit nervous) to get started! I've really been feeling the need for some peer encouragement, new ideas and inspiration, and I can't wait to see what this brings!
Once again, here are the details:
Much like a book club, the group will convene at the end of every month to discuss using a particular camera, and showcase their best 6-8 photos to the group.
- Every month, members will shoot with one camera (film/digital on rotation; brand/type of camera TBD each month)
- Monthly meetings: last Tuesday of every month, meeting location will change accordingly
- Friendly group critique: bring 6-8 best photos to share with group and provide/receive feedback
- Best photos to go on group Tumblr
- Work towards group photography show (s)
- Membership: free
First meeting: Tuesday September 30th, 6:30PM
Meeting location: Loreley Bar, 7 Rivington St, NY 10002
Camera for October: your choice of Polaroid Camera (vintage/refurbished) or modern day Fujifilm Instax
Please circulate this new club to your friends or colleagues who would be a good fit. I'm hoping to keep this to a small-medium sized group. Please have them contact me through this website.
Thank you, and happy shooting! I hope you'll join me!
(Camera loans/donations/borrowing will be discussed and explained on one-on-one or monthly meeting basis.)